Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Critters 2: The Main Course


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

Well, this is a pleasant surprise. Despite growing up with the original and having low expectations I think I ended up liking this film more.

I see young Mick Garris and David Twohy were involved and they really managed to craft the best kind of sequel, one that relies on the exposition of the first film and jumps right into the action, which is bigger and funnier. It's obviously made by two horror nerds what with the amount of somewhat obscure references thrown into the dialogue.

There are many many more critters this time and they take over the entire town instead of just a house. The also manage to juggle more humans and give them decent enough characters and pay offs to hold you through. Even the Bounty Hunter shape shifters, who didn't really do anything much int he first film get more story.

While a lot of the jokes fall flat, overall this is a far more exciting film. I really enjoyed this one. Now, how many sequels will they keep that up for? I guess I'll find out soon enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment