Saturday, May 26, 2012

Star Wars: Ewok Adventures - The Battle for Endor


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Michael

Now this is the one that I grew up with. I love this as a kid and it could be nostalgia clouding my mind, but this one just seems like a much better film.

For one thing, it is a darker, especially the start. The action is on a bigger scale, so many lasers and explosions. Some cool new creatures and most importantly, no silly narration, instead the villains and Wicket all speak english this time, which helps a great deal.

I love the whole storming the castle prison break sequence.

Most importantly I just love seeing some great old school IML effects, as yet untouched by Lucas. You look at the names on the credit list and it's like a who's who of the leaders in the industry today.

I don't know if anyone considers these films in Star Wars canon or not but is it just me or is the old man in this the only person in the Star Wars universe to have glasses?

1 comment:

  1. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Spectacles

    Huh.

    ReplyDelete