Friday, November 16, 2012

Tomorrow Never Dies


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Tyler

The one with Rupert Murdoch as the villain. This one ain't that hot. Sounds like a trouble production too.

I love Michelle Yeoh and she handles the action great of course but there's no chemistry between her and Bond. Nor is there with Teri Hatcher really and that relationship really needed it.

Gadgets, so much gadgets. Q has become a comedy relief instead of someone who gets genuinely angry with Bond like he used to. I miss that.

But we DO get David Arnold scoring for the first time. This is how I think of Bond films sounding in my head. And we do get Götz Otto and he is dreamy.

Overall the whole thing is loud, silly and not that involving. There are nice bits of action but this isn't one I'd prioritise revisiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment