Tuesday, March 5, 2013

American Mary


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Kate

Another MonsterFest title, been great so far, I hope they do it again next year. This title had good word of mouth, I missed it the first time it screened last year but was lucky enough to catch it on the big screen tonight.

Body Modification huh? A subject I was not particularly familiar with before. And a great topic for this kind of horror/drama. The film had a fantastic premise and I was enthralled throughout the first half. The story never quite knows where to go though and seems to finish just before we get to a climax or resolution, which was very disappointing because up until then it had been an intriguing and well acted and shot drama with some very twisted imagery.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for whatever the Soska twins do next, hopefully something as well made but that feels more complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment