Wednesday, March 6, 2013

The ABCs of Death


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes

The perfect film to close MonsterFest. 26 short horror films, each based on a word with a different letter of the alphabet, all starting and ending with a red frame. A very impressive list of directors and writers from all over the world and the variety of styles and subgenera is great. Some are terrifying, some are hilarious, some are animated, some are abstract and the ratio of ones I like greatly outnumbered the ones I didn't.

One of my favourite ideas was not having the title of the short until the end of each segment, so you also end up trying to guess what the word is they based the short on. A genuinely enjoyable mixed bag of horror and I love that I got to see it on the big screen with a crowd but will definitely be picking this one up when it gets a home video release later in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment