Monday, March 14, 2011

All the Real Girls


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

I wanted to check out David Gordon Green's earlier films but Im having serious trouble getting my hands on a copy of his first film George Washington but I did find this film. If his other early films are anything like this one I can understand why people though he was an odd choice to direct Pineapple Express. This is a very slow, quiet character relationship drama. It's subtle and sweet and there is no gunplay or outrageous comedy.

I love Zooey Deschanel, Paul Schneider and Patricia Clarkson and they are great here. The central relationship, while very sweet, didn't really interest me all that much. Which is basically the whole film. It's not uninteresting, it's just very slow moving and I wasn't really in the mood for it, especially after the ridiculousness of Black Dog.

Anyway I'll be interested to see how Your Highness turns out. It looks far more like his comedy work than this though.

No comments:

Post a Comment