Saturday, March 19, 2011

Network


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

My bluray arrived. I love that 70's grain in HD.

What can one say about Network. I honestly don't know where to begin. It's a titan. Funny and horrifying and one of the greatest dramas from the 70's or indeed ever. The script is immaculate and the performances match. A film that I only saw for the first time last year and while that's something I'm a little ashamed to admit I'm glad I didn't see it when I was much younger because there's no way my sensibilities would have appreciated it as much as I can now.

God what a cast.

A lot of the satire of network news predictions have come to fruition now, and it's just as relevant today as it was 40 years ago.

We're mad as hell and we're not gonna take it anymore. That scene stops my breath. Can't wait to hear the commentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment