Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Family Plot


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

Alfred Hitchcock's last film. The real reason I watched this though was because I remembered seeing it on the video shelf at the cheap motel in the film The Ring. (also the reason I saw the hilariously insane and cheesy movie YOR: Hunter from the future.)

It has a lot of the usual stuff here, mistaken identity, a man on the run, pursued by people trying to kill him for reasons unknown. It's much lighter in tone though. I had heard it described as a comedy or Hitchcock doing a satire of his work, I didn't find it funny at all just kind of mediocre.

Also I thought the music sounded like John Williams more than Bernard Herrman so I was surprised to find that it actually was Williams's work.


There's definitely sequences where you can see his suspense panache but the overall story is a little weak and it's a pretty slow affair. A small curiosity from a great director.

No comments:

Post a Comment