Tuesday, April 12, 2011

George Washington


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

David Gordon Green's first film. Like All the Real Girls it's very different to the studio comedies he's making now. A slow drama and character study of working class kids in North Carolina.

They only actor I recognised was Paul Schneider, most of the cast seem to be non actors, at least I hope they are because that's what it looks like at certain moments. Sure there is a lot of realism added and natural dialogue but there are quite a few scenes that feel awkward and stunted to me.

It has some nice cinematography , there are some interesting turns in the plot, watching them deal with a small tragedy but overall paints a pretty bleak picture of their lifestyle.

But I always have trouble with these indie slow paced character dramas. I certainly struggled with this one. Not that's it bad, just not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment