Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Jumanji


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Dominic, Steve

Jumanji!

I watched this 3 times at the cinema when it came out. I was obsessed with any film with this new CG technology in it, also I loved the film, big nostalgia hit. They had a lot of trouble with hair back then didn't they? Those monkeys never really worked for me, even back then.

But the film is so much fun, all propelled by a good cast and another James Horner fantasy adventure score. It was fun to watch again, I still seem to know every line of dialogue off by heart. I watched this over and over again, but more than that I would watch the making of, watching all the effects wizardry and thinking that now with computers absolutely anything was possible to make. This one has heaps of cool stuff, I love the vines particularly.

Robin Williams and Bonnie Hunt are great together. The kids are cool, there's some silly comedy relief with the cop and aunt but nothing to horrible, or perhaps nostalgia has warped my view.

Joe Johnston has quite the filmography of great family adventure movies, hopefully Captain America will be a step up too, we'll find out in a few months. But this was always a big favourite and an important fx milestone.

2 comments: