Saturday, May 7, 2011

Nothing


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Dominic, Zoe

A quirky little cult film. I really like this one although I'm probably a bit biased because I love everything Vincenzo Natali makes. But this is nothing like Cube or Cypher or Splice. This is his idea of a comedy. It's probably far more odd than it is funny though.

There are some great sequences in this, shooting in a white void requires some thought. there are some very creative camera placements and moves and some cool post trickery to keep things interesting.

Natali regulars David Hewlett and Andrew Miller deliver wildly energetic performances, which is good because after the frist 20 minutes it's just them. It's not a long film though it comes to an inevitable conclusion pretty swiftly.

It's visually striking, very odd and pretty funny. There is a small sequence after the credits too, that is kind of ridiculous. But I guess no more so than the rest of the film.

As far as I can tell this never got any kind of release anywhere in the world, I just found it to rent one day. If you happen to see it, give it a watch, it's good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment