Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kung Fu Panda


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

Sequel opens tomorrow so I though I'd brush up and finally get around to watching the picture commentary on the bluray.

This is one of the better Dreamworks animation pictures, in my opinion second only to How To Train Your Dragon. I love that they have some serious character moments mixed in with the comedy. I love the 2d animated sequences. I love the creative action and sound. I love that his dad is a duck.

The commentary had some interesting info but for someone who loves the animators process to watch a feature called "animators corner" and find that most of the video is Jack Black in a recording booth is disappointing. There were a few places where they showed the animators doing there thing and coming up with some of the great acting in the film.

I'm a bit tentative about the sequel. I hope it keeps the fun with the (pardon the pun) weightier character moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment