Monday, March 12, 2012

Animal Kingdom


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan, Tyler

Brief Write Up.

It's interesting, I only watched this the second time with the commentary on so I wasn't following the story as closely. This time watching it, armed with the forewarning of the ending that was approaching, it played a bit differently.

Maybe because our protagonist is so shut off emotionally you have to read into him what you think he's doing or feeling and the first time through the film positions you to presume certain things. At least it did for me. Which made the ending such a surprise the first time. But this time I can see the set up there and the thought process that leads inevitably to that ending. Or perhaps that's just me reading into it. That's both the advantage and disadvantage with such a blank protagonist.

Still, cool film.

No comments:

Post a Comment