Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Like Crazy


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

Oohh, what a bitter movie. Bittersweet maybe but still, it's pretty sad, which I guess usually works in a romance but this is almost an anti-romance.

Being an emotionally cut off cold hearted loner, the first thing I noticed was the DSLR cinematography. I instantly recognised those Canon colour spaces and seeing it put onto 35mm film and projected I thought it held up really well. That in itself makes me excited, to think that I could just use the camera I have lying on my couch next to me to make something that looks good enough to be projected in a cinema.

Felicity Jones and Anton Yelchin are really great and craft a believable relationship that the universe seems to be destined to break up. The meet cute at the start made me worry about how sappy things might get but those fears were unfounded.

It's pretty short and sweet, doesn't overstay its welcome, tells its story with a simple directness and makes a pleasant change from the usual romantic fare. Very well put together and I loved the ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment