Friday, June 15, 2012

Case 39


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan, Tyler

Rewatched this purely for the Jodelle Ferland-as-evil-child connection to Cabin in the Woods. It's getting harder to find films all my friends haven't seen!

Ferland seems to have made a career as an evil or mysterious child in horror films. This has another fun performance from her. I like her and Bradley Cooper going head to head. His death scene is pretty fun too.

This is one of those misleading trailers that I actually love. RenĂ©e Zellweger doesn't seem suited for horror heroine, although I guess she did make her breakout with the 4th Texas Chainsaw Massacre, I've never seen that. Perhaps I should. Anyway she's fine and the story and film overall are pretty standard but well enough put together to enjoy its few big moments.

This is another film that sat on the shelf for a few years and was only release here on one cinema for a very limited run. I managed to catch it then and I enjoyed it fine. It's pretty typical modern horror filmmaking but definitely much better than most of the crap that's been around of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment