Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Changeling


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan

Another great classic haunted house story. This one slightly adds in a political thriller conspiracy into the mix.

That wheelchair reveal still creeps me out.

This also has one of the great cinematic seance scenes.

The sound design in this one is a little on the nose, probably too big for my tastes but there are still some great moments and the story is actually interesting in how it pans out. Having an older man as the protagonist is an interesting choice and I like that he's a composer too. They use that to good effect at the beginning of the haunting.

Great to catch up with another classic. Before this viewing I never recognised Jean Marsh, who I know as the evil queen in Willow. That fact made it hard to sympathise but the rest of the film still works a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment