Thursday, June 14, 2012

Session 9


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan, Tyler

Whoa, not the film I remember. I only saw it once on its initial release, I think mainly due to wanted to see what the new digital filmmaking looked like. I recall more of the spooky ghostly atmosphere and not so much the psychological breakdown thing that seems rather more predominant.

The film has more tense dramatic scenes than suspenseful nights alone in a haunted asylum. Thankfully they have a nice cast to do the work.

This was the first Brad Anderson film I saw, one of his earlier works, and it's a pretty great low budget thriller that has a few very effective moments. It's also very dreamlike and will leave you with a lot to ponder over. Nice atmospheric little flick and great use of a found location.

No comments:

Post a Comment