Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Frankenstein


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

Henry Frankenstein? I never knew he had a different name in this version.

Well Frankenstein's monster is not the only thing that's slow moving in this picture. I guess you can't judge films like this by todays standards and I appreciate its historical impact and all but watching it late at night it was putting me to sleep.

Still, that make up holds up. It's iconic and creepy. This monster doesn't speak at all though. And he's hilariously credited as being played by "...?"

And yes, he is a very sympathetic monster, it's so easy to see why he's many peoples favourite. That scene with the little girl is so great, I'd seen it before but never in context with the whole picture. Great stuff.

Dwight Frye shows up again playing another great craaaaazzzy character. He's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment