Saturday, November 3, 2012

Seven Psychopaths


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Naomi, Andrew

Fantastic. I love how being self-refferential gives you and excuse for terrible writing of female characters. And what a great cast. Doing what they do best with brilliantly written characters. So enjoyable.

Such great dialogue too. I think anyone would have fun delivering it. Martin McDonagh has taken all the great things that worked from In Bruges and just made it more fun, with a few winks to audience. Again, there's a real sadness lurking just beneath.

The ending is something I'm still thinking about. There's also a mid credit sequence that is telegraphed well in advance but the payoff isn't quite what I was expecting. I think because I really loved the ending and this changed the tone slightly it threw me a little but nothing that's going to taint your enjoyment or anything.

Definitely make sure to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment