Wednesday, February 23, 2011

10


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

Another Blake Edwards film I've never seen before. Not as straight up funny as his other films I've seen, things get a bit more introspective towards the end. It's a fine film but I didn't enjoy it as much as his others, Julie Andrews doesn't have that much to do, there's some music and a song or two by Henry Mancini but nothing too memorable.

Bo Derek running on the beach, it's kind of infamous. And it feels like a rather large part of the film too, but I'm sure most guys won't begrudge that. The bolero sex scene is a delight.

I was pleasantly surprised to see Dee Wallace pop up in a small role. She was so sad and very endearing in what little screen time she had.

Overall it was enjoyable, not a slapstick farce or uproarious comedy like I've usually found his work to be (although it certainly has a few moments and elements of these spread throughout) but slightly more dramatic look at a guys mid-life crisis.

No comments:

Post a Comment