Saturday, February 26, 2011

Yogi Bear


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

The only reason I would have wanted to see this was the 3D, they shot it in 3D with the fusion cameras. I got a free pass (thanks Amberly) but the film isn't showing in 3D anymore, so I can't comment on that. Damn. But even though it's about to finish showing here and school has gone back the cinema was PACKED with filthy kids. Unbelievable.

So how is the movie? Well I guess it could have been worse. But not much. There were a few lines here and there, mainly at the start that were funny, but then the film descends into a big slapstick action finale that I couldn't stand but the kids loved.

Tom Cavanagh is shit. He is just sooooo shit. Sure his character is the straight man, but UHHHHHHhhh he is bad. He really looks like he doesn't want to be there. And he does some of the worst acting with 3d characters ever, his eyelines never match up. Most of the time they keep the bears in a separate frame to the human characters. They should have done that more.

I love T.J. Miller in pretty much everything I've seen him in. He plays the Ranger's assistant here and his stuff along with Nathan Corddry and Andrew Daly as the evil guys are the best bits in the film. Why are the bad guys in kids films always so much more entertaining than the heros?

Dan Aykroyd does a serviceable job but Justin Timberlake's Boo Boo impersonation is spot on. Who knew?

The film still has a very digitally look to it. The lighting is very flat. Could be a limitation of the 3D and matching the characters and stuff like that. Anyway It's not a film I'm going to see again anytime soon, unless I can traumatise some kids with the alternate ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment