Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Last Ride


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

Another Australian film I missed in theatrical release. This time though, I was pleasantly surprised, it works for me. Really well actually.

A lot of this is due to Hugo Weaving, his character is horrifying and fascinating to watch. The kid steps up and matches him perfectly. Strange because he was absolutely terrible in Matching Jack. But that whole film was terrible.

I hate the australian outback, I don't find it beautiful at all. But there were numerous occasions in the film where it just looked like a stunning wondrous place, especially on the lake. Great cinematography.

The bit that got me was the characters redemption at the end. I didn't think I was that emotionally invested, it's a very still and distancing film but it must have just crept up and suckerpunched me.

This is one of the good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment