Friday, June 17, 2011

Night of the Living Dead


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

That ending still manages to pack a punch. It's done so offhandedly as well. It's been a very long time since I saw this, I forgot how annoying I find Barbra.

The set up is a little slow but it does get you used to a certain pace so things get intense when they crank up the action at the end. Some of the sound recording isn't top notch, as is some of the focus issues made more noticeable in the HD transfer but it still holds up well. Some of the acting I find a bit "of the era" but it's manageable for the most part.

When they talk about Romero zombies as the slow moving kind, boy do they mean it. I guess I'm so used to the faster ones prevalent in every zombie film today that even the ones I thought were slow still zoom by in comparison. They pretty much just stand there.

Good to watch again. I was in the mood for some good old school horror tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment