Friday, July 29, 2011

Tucker & Dale vs Evil


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Jordan, Amberly

Finally this gets a release at a cinema. I held off seeing it illegally for the longest time on the off chance it would show in Perth and low and behold, it came out yesterday. Although it looks like the cinema was just projecting a downloaded HD version anyway. God I hate the Luna's shitty projection. It was very pasty and washed out and filled with compression artefacts. Still, I'll take what I can get.

Alan Tudyk was the main draw in this film for me, him and the concept which looked like a fun spin on the slasher cabin in the woods film. And it was. Despite the obvious low budget it's very enjoyable, very funny and a few bits of nice gore too.

I liked the first half, the set up and the mistaken identity and all that stuff. The climatic end was ok but as it was telegraphed from the beginning it wasn't as fun as the first two thirds.

Despite being a little scrappy, the cast and the premise pull you through. A slasher film based entirely on a misunderstanding. It's delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment