Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Craft


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

After watching Return to Oz the other day I was thinking about this film. This is one of those fun teen films from when I was growing up where I also loved taking note of the effects. I watched it with the commentary on bluray today and Andrew Fleming had some nice insights into the film and what a pain it was to do those effects back then. There were also a few funny stories and anecdotes about girls spending a lot of time hanging from wires. There is a lot of wire work in this, I'd forgot.

The funniest was the bitterness he harbours against whoever decided to use the same song as the theme for Charmed that he picked for this film.

It's got a neat cast, all folks I watched in a hundred other films around that time. This was quite a big hit when it was released, I think most people my age know this film. It's pretty fun and holds up today ok as well. Again it's a nostalgic one, and cool to watch in HD for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment