Saturday, March 3, 2012

Heavenly Creatures


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Paul

One of my all time favourite films ever. My favourite Peter Jackson film. I'm so glad I finally got this on bluray.

I just love everything about this film, except some of the score. Melanie Lynskey and Kate Winslet in their first film roles are just unstoppable. Jackson goes for broke directing this one, and how can you not be thankful for the creation of Weta Digital? Richard Taylor's awesome prosthetics are on full display here too.

I also love that this true crime story is a great coming of age film, a fast paced drama and a horror thriller. It's also very funny in parts. The film really take you into the minds of these two girls, into their fantasies and their view of reality which inevitably leads to some dark places. Such a brilliantly structured and crafted screenplay. I hear it's well researched too but I'm not so concerned with that as much, but well deserved of its Oscar nomination for original screenplay.

This is a must see!

No comments:

Post a Comment