Thursday, December 22, 2011

Nashville


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Tyler

I'm still very behind in my Robert Altman viewing. This is one of the bigs ones and I'm glad to finally knock it off the list.

What a cast! Except that they are all singing Country Western songs. Not really a fan, so I'll jus focus on the rest of the film.

Altman's patented improvised talking-at-the-same-time style naturalistic drama is on full display here. Was this his first big one of these? In any case in a film with this many characters and plot line threads it does make the first half of the film easy to get lost in. Once you get a sense of how the characters relate and that they are all building to a single event it gets easier but that's 2 hours into a long film.

It's a snapshot of American at a certain time and place. While it's not really my cup of tea I still found it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment