Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Dark Crystal


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

Big clean up from Harry Potter Marathon. So what better way to wind down from the high fantasy of those films than with this classic gem. It's a film that is told so much through the music it makes the perfect background cleaning movie.

That's not to do a disservice to it's amazing visuals and Hensen puppetry, but I do know this film off-by-heart so I can see it all in my head whilst vacuuming and washing dishes. It also makes it hard to judge objectively, again more heavy nostalgia. I can admit the storytelling can be a little clunky at times, but I won't ever have a problem with it.

Good to have on again and the bits I did see projected in HD from the bluray look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment