Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan, Morgan

Time for another marathon! I've held off getting he blurays until they released these extended cuts. I've just grown used to them now and it seems strange to have all those incidental scenes missing when watching the theatrical cuts.

Man, It's been a really long time since I've last watched these all the way through though. So great to sit and watch them all together, in a row for the first time. They really are bloody fantastic films. The actors, the design, the sets, the locations, the effects, the sound and music, it's all great.

Fellowship probably has the most iconic moments though, it's a lot of peoples favourite and probably mine too. I really love the whole sequence in the mines with the cave troll and the watcher and the balrog. And Gandalf the Grey > Gandalf the White. Another reason I'm excited for The Hobbit. I just love the look of Hobbiton.

But enough writing, on to part two.

No comments:

Post a Comment