Thursday, February 9, 2012

Adam


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan, Amberly

Watching Hugh Dancy in Martha Marcy May Marlene a few weeks ago reminded me of his awesome performance in this film. I'd consider this one of the best romantic comedies (or perhaps just romances) of the last 5 years. It's wonderful.

Unfortunately it was a film that was also completely overlooked by the people that would have enjoyed it the most, only playing on one tiny arthouse cinema screen for a few weeks before never being heard of again. It's a real shame, I think it's truly a beautiful and unique love story and one that doesn't get too full of itself or sentimental about things.

Hugh Dancy and Rose Byrne are both fantastic. I'm hesitant to say too much more, I think even the trailer gives away more than I knew when I saw it at the cinema and so there were a few surprises for me which was also really nice. So don't watch the trailer if you can help it. If you're in the mood for a New York romance, get a copy of this little gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment