Friday, February 10, 2012

Idiocracy


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan, Amberly

An overlooked masterpiece. That trailer is horrible though, perhaps a reason why no one saw it and it was dumped straight to dvd in Australia. Pity.

I guess you'd call it a comedy but I think of it more as a prophetic sci-fi horror film. The ideas in this film are truly disturbing. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

What's extra great about the film is that it walks such a fine line between stupid low brow comedy and one of the smartest satires I've ever seen that the idiots it's making fun of will love it as much as the intellectuals but for completely the opposite reason.

It's also the kind of film that looks like it would have been very challenging to make on a budget. Still I think the design and execution of all the future world stuff is pretty good. I like the actors in it too.

Fans of Office Space or Mike Judge or Dystopian Future films owe it to themselves to seek this out. It's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment