Thursday, February 9, 2012

The American


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Jordan, Amberly

A slow paced character study with a few tense moments and brief explosions of action. Like an old Western. Anton Corbijn delivers a beautifully shot film, as to be expected. George Clooney gives a great quiet performance.

I like the film, I really do, but I gotta say, the music drives me nuts. It almost ruins it for me. I can't stand it. I don't know if it's because it sounds like bad midi sometimes or because it's too simplistic or inappropriate for the film or just plain bad but I know I would like this film much more if it had no score. It doesn't really need a score anyway. All of the important sections play great without music.

The rest of the film is really great though. It really feels like a 70's slow burn thriller or something like that. Very cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment