Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cast Away


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

I think I've only seen this one once or twice before. It's pretty cool though. I mean that plane crash alone is worth it I rekon. It's so good they don't just have a flash and then fade up on him waking up on a beach. The scene actually continues through. If they ever do get that Bioshock movie off the ground it needs to start like that.

I love that Zemeckis shot What Lies Beneath halfway through this. And then in the film Tom Hanks transforms to however long later in one cut and it's a complete transformation.

Also curious but effective is there is no score until he leaves the island way over an hour in.

Some people thing the ending is a bit shmaltzy, I don't mind it though. But I do find the island sequences the most unique in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment