Sunday, July 24, 2011

Eragon


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

Oh Eragon, you just don't work, do you.

I love me some dragons and there's a pretty neat design in this one although I'm not sure how I feel about feathers and furryness. It does make it kinda softer.

This is one of about 4 films I've seen where I actually read the book first which didn't help at all in this case because it only made it all the more disappointing. It just doesn't have any life in it. Still Jeremy Irons fares fare better here than in Dungeons and Dragons.

We'll just add this one to the long list of family fantasy series that never made it past the first book adaptation. Too many studio's trying to replicate Harry Potters success but without giving their films the time and money and talent those films had. Even if Harry Potter never continued past it's first film at least if felt somewhat complete as a story by the end. This and countless others didn't fare as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment