Thursday, July 28, 2011

Das Experiment


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Amberly

I watched the remake earlier this year. Good to see this one for a second time, and yes I can confirm I much prefer this version. The music in this is so very German haha. Well except for the Elvis.

That this is based on a real event is kinda scary and fascinating. This is another film that builds. I'm not sure how I feel about the cut away scenes to outside the prison and again, I don't think the female love interest adds much to the film. But the cast is great, I recognise so many of them from Black Book and other such films, I feel so cultured.

There's some tense bits in this one, I remember this one one of the first times I saw night vision camera used to such an effect, which is much more common now.

Cool to catch up with this one again, it holds up well even though it gets a bit over the top at the end. But that's part of the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment