Friday, July 8, 2011

Black Narcissus


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

Those nuns be trippin'.

Always wondered what this film was about, having heard the name but never knew the story. The first thing that stood out to me was the matte paintings. Yeah they don't really hold up by todays standards but I really love those old style mattes and painted backdrops.

To be honest I didn't really care that much for the story, the love triangle thing. I did like seeing Sabu in another film though, bit of a childhood hero of mine. I do like the melodrama of the nun going crazy at the end though. The make up and lighting and the ridiculous cliff-face, you know it's not going to end well.

Black Narcissus: The Criterion Collection [Blu-ray]

No comments:

Post a Comment