Thursday, July 7, 2011

Stigmata


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

Does anyone remember this film? I hard vague memories. I think I may have confused Gabriel Byrne in this and in End of Days where he's the evil dude.  But he's not evil in this. I think I like him more when he's evil.

This movie is edited together pretty much like a 90's rock music video. That's what it feels like to me anyway. As for the story and acting, it's serviceable but doesn't do much for me personally.

This is a religious drama that wants to play up being a thriller or even horror but it is neither of those things. It's a straight drama with a bit of mystery and if it didn't feel the need to have its little nod to the exorcist at the end and embraced the drama and characters a little more it could have been more effective.

Either that or go the other way. The stigmata is after all inherently gory.

I watched the theatrical cut, not the alternate ending, I think the theatrical works much better. Anyway it's no wonder I don't remember it much, I've just watched it again and already it's fading from my mind.

StigmataEnd of Days [Blu-ray]

No comments:

Post a Comment