Friday, July 8, 2011

Hollow Man


IMDB
First time viewed: No
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

I might be the only person I know that liked this on it's original release and still likes it today. I think it's great fun. Paul Verhoeven just makes films I can enjoy. Campy and fun, yes, but also always slightly subversive and satirical.

I do own the bluray but I opted to watch the regular dvd version with the great Jerry Goldsmith's score and commentary track. Man he made some great film music. I was nice to hear his thoughts film scoring, not just for this film but in general. I've always fancied that as a career. It's also good to just listen to the music when you have a lot of other work to be getting on with.

Man do those effect hold up. They are awesome, really cool stuff here and very cutting edge at the time. As you always seem to find in Verhoeven's hollywood blockbuster output.

I also like the darker take on the invisible man concept. I think this is a much more realistic depiction of what an invisible guy would get up to. Of course he's going to rape some people. Makes for some spooky scenes, no?

So much naked Kevin Bacon too.

Don't understand the hate for this one. It's delightful.

No comments:

Post a Comment