Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Black Lightning


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: Yes
Watched With: Myself

This movie is a Russian Spiderman but instead of spider powers the kid has a flying car. Apart from that rather crucial detail, the plot, the characters, the tone, the feel of it all seems very similar.

The Australian DVD defaults to an english dub. I watched it in the original Russian though, the lip synch throws me off, but being primarily a kids film I guess the younger ones would prefer not to read subtitles… Unfortunately the only english subtitles available are captions for the hearing impaired, so you get a lot of extra details that you don't really want, nonetheless I prefer to watch in it's original language.

This was a very fun film. A few dark bits, the father being killed is a little darker than in Spiderman and the villain isn't as cartoonish. An enjoyable ride. Who doesn't want a flying car? Unless it's chitty chitty and you have to sing songs everywhere you go. I'd much prefer to fight crime in my flying car thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment