Friday, January 14, 2011

The Last Boy Scout


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

I love finding films like this! I saw this for $4 in an ex-rental bin. Shane Black script? Tony Scott direction? Bruce Willis? How have I not seen this before?!?! The Last Action Hero left me wanting to watch some more early 90's goodness. That's Two Shane Black scripts called The Last something something. I wonder if there was a third?

Black has a real love for hard boiled detective stories. Just look at Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Here we have Bruce Willis teaming up with ex football hero Damon Wayans to find out who killed a very young Halle Berry and get caught up in a sports gambling conspiracy.

It's lighter on the action but still full of those trademark back and forth quips. And
Wayans isn't event that annoying in this! Nobody writes 90's tough guys like Black. I wish he would make some more stuff soon. And this is before Tony Scott went crazy with the hand held crash zoom triple exposure bleach bypassing madness, so you can actually see what is going on.

All in all this was a "lighter" film from what I recall on the 90's R rated action comedies but definitely worth the $4.

No comments:

Post a Comment