Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Ocean Waves


IMDB
First time viewed: Yes
Current Release: No
Watched With: Myself

Ok well now I think I have seen all Studio Ghibli feature animation, besides the new Borrowers one that isn't out here yet. This one is a simple high school drama about a guy recalling the time he spent with a girl high school that his best friend was in love with. It's short and sweet. There's not much more too it than that really.

It's taken a while for this to get a release anywhere outside japan I think. It's very grounded in the real everyday Japanese life, it's not a big fantasy like Miyazaki's output from the studio. More along the lines of Only Yesterday, one of my favourites. Ocean Waves is not as interesting to me as that film but it's good to say I've seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment